Roll of honour
Motherwell Bridge is proud to have received a number of prestigious awards for its outstanding commitment to health and safety and quality management.
- British Safety Council National Safety Award – achieved annually since 2006
- RoSPA Order of Distinction – Consecutive Gold Awards achieved since 1994
- Quality Management System Accredited to ISO 9001:2008
- Environmental Management System accredited to ISO 14001: 2004
- Quality Management System conforming with Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- Membership of the ECIA – Behavioural Safety Initiative B.E.S.T.
- Membership of the British Safety Council
- Health, Safety & Environmental Policy based on OHSAS 18001
- Nominated for Employer of the Year Scotland 2012
- Investors in People: Bronze Accreditation 2012
- EN ISO 3834 Quality Requirements for Welding certification
Motherwell Bridge also held the record for building the world’s largest storage tank twice in succession – first in the 1970s and most recently in the 1990s where, on Zirku Island (UAE), each tank was capable of holding 1.25 million barrels of crude oil.